In this correspondence, we propose a general framework for studying a class of weighted highpass filters. Our framework, based on a multiscale signal decomposition, allows us to study a wide class of filters and to assess the merits of each. We derive an automatic procedure to tune a filter to the local structure of the image under consideration. The entire algorithm is fully automatic and requires no parameter specification from the user. Several simulations demonstrate the efficacy of the proposed algorithm.
- Nonlinear filtering
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Computer Graphics and Computer-Aided Design
- Theoretical Computer Science
- Computational Theory and Mathematics
- Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition