At 37 yrs of age, one of the youngest to get NIH R01 award (average age for
first time R01 is 43-45 yrs)
• Funded Grants Received Outstanding Scores – R01 received 4 percentile, MDA
grant received the perfect 1 percentile.
(Endorsement for the research plan and augurs well for future success)
• Already Published 50 Peer-reviewed publications, which have received more
than 1500 citations, with h-index of 23. Seven of these as communicating
• Successful grant awards from multiple federal & non-profit originations.
Currently has 5 grant awards (NIH, MDA, ALSA, ADA and Melo Brain Funds).
High success rates for submitted grant applications at this stage of career.
• Invited to guest edit special issues from reputed journals in the field, Invited to
write/edit book from Elsevier, Invited to review MS from > 30 journals, Invited
to review grants from funding agencies from USA, Europe and Asia (a distinct
accomplishment at this stage of career).
• Invited as Speaker in Various International Conferences.
(Gave talks in >10 Conferences since 2013)
• Productive Collaborations with Established Leaders in the field